Jasmine Coe Small Silk Scarf
- Birdsong have teamed up with artist Jasmine Coe to bring you these limited edition silks.
- Gorgeously vibrant and inspired by the natural world, these 40cm x 40cm silks can be used as bandanas, hair ties, pocket squares or face coverings.
- Comes beautifully presented in a gift box, and a native tree is planted for every sale.
- Jasmine Coe is a Wiradjuri-British artist who studied Fine Art, graduating in Portraiture in 2014. In late 2016, she travelled to Australia for the first time to connect to her Aboriginal heritage and to meet her father after 20 years apart.
- Having struggled with race and self-identity growing up, her work now focuses on harmonising internal conflicts that arise from having two lines of heritage which together hold a traumatic colonial history. In an attempt to heal self, painting becomes a restorative process where by the understanding of self-identity is given space to develop, while at the same time the work continues to celebrate the beauty of the natural world.