The deadline has now passed.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill in this Google form.
This position will close from midnight 1st February.
Job Role: Social Media and Customer Service Assistant
Reporting to: Sophie Slater - CEO, and Susanna Wen, Creative Director/Production Manager
Type: Part-time, 3 days/25 hours per week.
3 months freelance probationary period.
Start date: March 2021
Salary and benefits:
- £30k+ pro rata dependent on experience
- This works out at £18k pa for 3 days
- £100 per month clothing allowance
- 25% discount for family and friends
- Potential to come on board full time with positive growth
- Remote working possible, or at our beautiful office in Dalston as of March 2021 (if safe).
About the role
We strongly encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnicity candidates. As an organisation dedicated to working alongside talented, marginalised folks, we also encourage applications from members of the LGBTQI+ community, people from working class backgrounds and people with disabilities. We regret that our current studio is not wheelchair accessible, but we welcome remote working.
We are looking for a thoughtful, reassuring, and highly organised individual with great communications skills. You will need to be self motivated, resourceful, used to working in a fast paced startup environment, and have brilliant interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will have ideas for how we can grow our customer loyalty, problem solve any logistics problems that arise, and use social media interactions to boost our sales based on a deep understanding of ethical and sustainable fashion, or at least a mentality to do the research and get stuck in.
We’d love someone with experience of customer service, with strong written skills, great attention to detail and good time management. You’ll be a significant part of the team, and will see the impact your work has daily on our social enterprise. This is hugely rewarding, and a large responsibility.
You will work closely with Birdsong’s small team consisting of our CEO, Creative Director and our social enterprise warehouse team. In happier times, you’ll also get to spend some time getting to know our amazing makers.
Birdsong began life in 2014 as a feminist brand making slogan tees, shouting about photoshop and hell-bent on paying women workers a fair wage. A commitment to ethical and sustainable fashion is still at our core, but today we’ve grown to create a collection of original wardrobe staples to totally transform your (out)look. It’s about thoughtful clothes in bright colours, edgy silhouettes and art-inspired prints made from natural fabrics.
We create clothing for women who dress in protest – against the fast nature of the fashion industry, the obsessive pursuit of trends and the systematic abuse of women in the production line. We dream up designs in house, and then work with expert makers who face barriers to employment in the UK – from artists and printmakers to seamstresses and painters – and pay them London living wage to bring our creations to life.
Our brand mission is to create ethical clothes that people feel good about wearing, and to use our brand to inspire and implement change in the fashion industry.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Working closely with the CEO to schedule and analyse social media and marketing campaigns.
- Responding to customer service calls, texts, emails and social media enquiries, in a swift, professional and polite manner.
- Writing responses to enquiries with the Birdsong tone of voice and values.
- Staying up to date on social media advancements and reporting back updates.
- Create reports to see what’s driving our most engaging content.
- Identifying and maintaining influencer and brand relationships through clever social media interactions.
- Creating reports based on customer feedback.
- Processing and tracking returns and exchanges.
- Identifying any supply chain or product issues and reporting back to the head office team.
- Liaising with our warehouse to check on orders and stock.
- Updating our inventory.
- Potentially visiting our makers in different community groups across East London to help to get content (once the pandemic is over).
- Preferably have previous experience in a customer service/facing role, and with using social media.
- Excellent written communication skills, with good command of spelling and grammar.
- Be self motivated, good at problem solving and reliable.
- Comfortable using Google Suite, Mailchimp/Klaviyo, Later, Buffer, Google Analytics, essential. Final Cut Pro, InDesign, and iMovie, Illustrator and After Effects are a bonus.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please fill these out in the Google form: https://forms.gle/sMmnUDJQ9vLTjJfH8