We hate Black Friday. We feel like it devalues the hard work and thought that goes into each and every garment put on planet earth. And ours cost more than the high street because we pay London Living Wages. In the run up to #BlackFriday and #CyberWeekend, we're doing things a little differently. That's why we're launching our #TransparentFriday Manifesto.
A lot of brands on the high street claim to be transparent, but what does that mean? In the midst of greenwashing and wokewashing, does offering huge deals of billions of garments really mean transparency? Instead of giving away huge discounts this weekend, we're giving away secrets. Check our Instagram and newsletter for more throughout the week.
We're also letting you use the information below to inform you to choose your own discount.
- take 15% off with ‘TF15’
- take 10% with ‘TF10’
- full price
- ...or tip us at the checkout so that we can continue to build a better blueprint for the fashion industry
1. We're a Living Wage employer, and believe that all garment workers deserve a fair, living wage, not the poverty wages that 93% of brands currently pay.
2. We have a mission lock, which means that our company's mission is legally protected and permanently retained for social and environmental benefit. People and planet over profit.
3. We want to share the love, sweat, and money that goes into designing, selling and creating truly ethical garments. We want to be as real as possible with you about where we are, and where you could help us to be.
4. Fashion is notoriously opaque. We want to show the world that small is beautiful. We might have enough instagram followers to populate a small town, but how does that convert into sales? See below for how much revenue we make, what our CEO is paid and more.
For more information, subscribe to our newsletter, or download our press pack to share our assets online with the #TransparentFriday. Please tag @birdsonglondon