Designer & Product Manager – part-time position (2-3 days per week).
An exciting opportunity to join our team of three in a growing and forward-thinking start-up. As production manager you will be working closely with our diverse range of maker groups from elderly knitters to migrant seamstresses. You will lead the production of our own brand range from concept to finished product and play a vital role in the growth of the company. Our current range encompasses knitwear, tailoring, jewellery making and hand printing with plans to expand into lingerie, swimwear and embroidery.
- Lead trend research and design briefs, conducting market research with Birdsong customers.
- Assume the role of lead designer on at least one of our core strands, ideally tailoring or knitwear.
- Manage design process from concept to finished product including managing freelance designers, garment technicians, graders and production within the women’s organisations we work with.
- Create range plans and consult with team to produce detailed product costings with appropriate profit margins.
- Have a good working and technical knowledge of garment production, and ideally be able to create samples for in house testing.
- Organize and materials, marketing and packaging supplies within all of our supplier groups.
- Engage and build solid working relationships with all of our 5 current UK based women’s groups, and visit others around the country in future.
- Liaise with designers and women’s groups, relaying complex information back to groups in an easily understandable manner.
- Assist in impact measurement through developing clear communication and feedback with suppliers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be personable and have excellent social skills.
- Be able relate and communicate with a diverse range of women from many different social groups, abilities and background.
- Be self-driven, motivated and able to take initiative in leading projects.
- Be able to work and fit into a very small, dynamic team of three.
- Be able to adapt in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Be passionate about women’s rights, body positivity and ethical fashion.
- Have at least two years’ relevant commercial experience.
- Be able to work on a part time basis
This role will be reporting directly to our CEO. Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th January 2017.
Interviews will be held in early February. Ideal start date February to March.